On Friday, 4th December 2020, from 10.00 to 17.00, the annual TaDA Spinnerei event will take place (TaDA's second public format besides the residencies). It will be streamed live on www.tada-residency.ch/livestream. The TaDA residents will present the initial results of their stay, followed by discussions with experts. The talks will be moderated by Hochparterre editor Meret Ernst and TaDA programme manager Marianne Burki.
What happens when creative people from different disciplines engage in a direct exchange of ideas with entrepreneurs from the textile industry? What happens when artists test machines and processes? And how are innovation, luxury and sustainability connected?
The new TaDA Textile and Design Alliance residency programme was launched in September 2020 in Eastern Switzerland. Over a period of three months, the five residents from different disciplines – Stéphanie Baechler, Alexandra Hopf, Oliver Maklott, Selina Reiterer and Quang Vinh Nguyen – worked with various companies in Eastern Switzerland. On 4th December, they will give insights into the processes and projects that were developed during the first TaDA residency. In the afternoon, experts and residents will discuss the topics "innovation and luxury", "sustainable production" and "sufficiency – the view from outside". The debate can be accessed by live streaming.
– Stéphanie Baechler, Artist and textile designer, Fribourg (Switzerland)
– Alexandra Hopf, Artist, Berlin (Germany)
– Oliver Maklott, Media artist, Vorarlberg (Austria)
– Selina Reiterer, Artist and textile designer, Bregenz (Austria)
– Quang Vinh Nguyen, Product designer, Lausanne (Switzerland)
In cooperation with the following TaDA partner organisations and companies
– Brubo GmbH, Speicher
– Empa, St.Gallen
– Lobra AG, Thal
– Rigotex AG, Bütschwil
– Saurer AG, Arbon
– Schoeller Textil AG, Sevelen
– Sitterwerk, St.Gallen
– Textilcolor AG, Sevelen
– Textildruckerei GmbH, Arbon
– Textile Museum, St.Gallen
– Tisca Tischhauser AG, Bühler
– David Abraham, Fashion designer, Abraham & Thakore, New Delhi
– Veronika Aumann, Professor for Textile Design at the State Academy of Fine Arts Stuttgart
– Nina Bachmann, Head of Technology and Environment, Swiss Textiles
– Christophe Guberan, Product designer, Lausanne
– Andreas Heydasch, Economist, EPEA Switzerland
– Joana Jorge, Project Manager Moda Lisboa
– Martin Leuthold, Textile designer, President of the TaDA Board of Trustees, Eastern Switzerland
– Christine Weder, Assistant Professor of Modern German Literature, University of Geneva
Vexer Verlag in the studio of Josef Felix Müller: lectures, premieres, books presentations, editions, music and art. Alexandra Hopf, artist from Berlin and TaDA Resident 2020, talks about her book concept. All TaDA Residents 2020 and the TaDA team will be present.
Full programme on: